» Sponsors

Please patronize our sponsors and tell them you saw them on Huntley Neighbors!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Accident on Reed Road?

I was walking East Bound on Reed Road yesterday afternoon from Haligus and I noticed the 45 Mile An Hour Sign post was bent over and I saw tire marks in the grass leading to a knocked down fence in two different yards. This is a couple blocks east of the Fire station on Reed Road.

I don't recall seeing the fence down when I took my walk last week. Did anyone hear about an accident on Reed Road this week?

I came across the accident Thursday afternoon around 4:45. The cops and fire truck and ambulance were still there. Not sure if anyone was hurt. It looked to be a single car accident. not sure how you drive over a curb , down a ditch and through 2 fences on a straight away by yourself unless it was a heart attack or seizure or texting or something.
    Paul

I saw that too and was wondering what had happened. Did not see anything in the paper.
    rhoni

A friend of mine lives one house away from where the back fence was broken through. She said that the driver appeared to be on the young side from her vantage point. No further info though.
    Thankfully, no kids were playing outside that day in those yards, and no one was on that part of the walking path right then. It was one of the really windy, cold days last week. It could have been so tragic.

Driver was 16, one car accident-property only. Boy walked away but was in shock. Texting was involved. Came up and over the curb, across parkway and path, plowed over speed limit sign, through the fence, up and over a raised garden then took out the fence between the 2 yards that would run N/S and veered to the left taking out a deck that surrounded the pool, power line and back out through the fence again. VERY SCARY both yards have small children that are always in the yard. Could have had a much worse outcome. My son was riding his bike back from Centegra and saw most of it unfold.

i'm very glad to hear there were no injuries with this accident. hopefully the teenager speaks out to his peers about just how dangerous it is to text while driving. his first-hand experience could make a huge impact & possibly prevent a future disastrous incident from happening.
    "an optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be."
    ~author unknown

Thanks dboys for the update. As a person with a house that backs up to Haligus I have those thoughts from time to time of when is someone going to come into my backyard. But it is the risk I took buying the house. I am glad the kid is ok, I am thinking it might be one of those scared straight type moments and he won't ever text again while driving.
    Paul

Here's some pics....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow that looks pretty bad thank goodness no one was hurt in this case!

My kids are always in the yard with the pool. Thankfully they were not there that day as they always play in the backyard. This should actually be a reminder to not just kids but also adults that text while driving. Pretty scary.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast