» Sponsors

Please patronize our sponsors and tell them you saw them on Huntley Neighbors!

Another Huntley drug bust..

HUNTLEY – Authorities arrested five men and seized a record 1,464 pounds of marijuana that rode into McHenry County inside pallets of onions.

Sheriff’s police and federal drug agents tracked a semitrailer Sunday to a pole barn at 14206 Harmony Road outside Huntley, Sheriff Keith Nygren announced Monday.

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/200...clsa/index.xml

It's hard to hear, but our community has grown so much in the past 10 years we have lived here it seems we are at risk for all types of crime now. It's a shame, but I think no matter where you live there are desperate, greedy and addicted people that are thinking of nobody but themselves.
    ajgirl

My question is this- did the "farmer" think he was getting onions or did he think he was getting drugs?

The "farmer" is a she (Lucille) who is 90 years old in a nursing home. The house and buildings are all rented out and she didn't know anything about it. My mother in law knows her...
    Julie

Gotta be an isolated incident. Don't think Huntley is becoming a crossroads for drugs. Lets not overreact here.
    My V8 cancels out your hybrid!!

Lucille, would be the land owner, but who is taking in this shipment, or did they just stop in some random farm? That is the question- what part of the cog is this location? I don't think Lucille is running the drug op- but who is the renter, and how guilty are they?

Good questions! It will be interesting to see what the law enforcement agencies come up with.