» Sponsors

Please patronize our sponsors and tell them you saw them on Huntley Neighbors!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Nascar_Girl View Post
    Cuba Road was the place "to be" when I was a teenager. There were tons of rumors because there used to be an insane asylum there (so the story goes). We would drive down there hoping to see some ghosts. Never did, but it was fun nonetheless.

One time we were driving, I was in the front passenger side and there was a boy behind me in the back seat. All of the windows were open and all of a sudden a hand touched my shoulder. I SCREAMED!!!! Of course, it was the boy in the back seat.
    yepper - I grew up with Cuba Road as the Place to 'be' ih H.S. -
    We'd all pile in a friends car and go jamming down that road. We'd race over a hill and the car would take flight - that's what was scary!!!

Ok I found out about another place that sounds cool and creepy! Its called Bloods Point Rd. Here is the link about it. http://www.strangeusa.com/ViewLocati...ocationid=2860

I'm not sure how to quote things on here yet (still a newbie ) but Nascar Girl - I watched "Fear" on MTV and was scared out of my mind!!! The girl who had to lay in the morgue for an hour was the worst!! Would also love to hear the stories of those who are brave enough to check these things out. Who knew there were so many scary places around here????

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ha...ofillinois.htm
    Woodstock

Ryders Woods - It is a creepy looking woods in woodstock. It is said that a man in black used to rape children and then murder them and throw them in the pond. He then went mad and killed himself. Now if you go to the woods at night, you see a lot of activity by the pond. Steam will rise and you will see orbs, children laughing has been heard, and sightings of the man in black have been seen.

Woodstock Opera House - A ghost sits in same seat in balcony and is never occupied. it is always left empty for the ghost during any performance. The ghost is seen walking halls and in the upper windows periodically looking out. She has been seen by the living. Known as Elvira, people have described her as being a beautiful entity, "whose blond hair hung below her slim waist," and who was wearing a "filmy, dancing gown." When young actresses are in the theater to try out for a part in a production, the staircase is watched diligently, because sometimes, on occasion, a young actress has the irresistible urge to travel up the staircase to the open portals, probably under the influence of Elvira. So far, all such actresses, in this hypnotic state, have been pulled away from danger. Elvira likes to move props, and untie scenery flats so they fall over, to let the living know that she is there, and needs some laughs as well. Seat DD113 is Elvira's favorite seat in the audience seating area. All the seats are spring-loaded; meaning that they stay in the upright, folded position, unless someone is sitting in them. Actors, actresses and stagehands have often seen seat 113 in the down position, as if some unseen presence was sitting in it, watching the rehearsal. After examining the seat 113, it is always found to be working properly, staying in the upright position. Whenever a performer misses a cue, or bungles a line, a low, deep sigh is often heard, coming from seat 113. Elvira expects high standards to be maintained by the cast of any production. In the 1940's, while Shelly Berman was working on some scenery for an upcoming production, late one evening, he heard a noise from the audience seating, which made him look in that direction. He saw that not only was seat 113 in the down position, but several seats in the same row as 113 as well. Perhaps Elvira, and a few other ghostly patrons of the arts were watching his efforts on stage. Berman ran quickly over to the seats, but by the time he got to them, all were up in the correct, upright position.

huh, that's pretty neat! Went to Bachlor's Grove this week. That was cool and creepy. Got some good pics. would like to find a place like that closer to home. Maybe Woodstock is the place to be.

Wow!!!

I just looked at the Chicago Haunted Placed Tours and found the one about Resurrection Mary on Archer Avenue. I used to drive down there all the time, since I moved from the SW suburbs of Chicago.

In fact - my wedding hall and church are both listed on the tour!!! My hall is one of the oldest dance halls in chicago and I chose it because it was sooo beautiful inside and because my grandmother and great uncles used to go there a long time ago. Plus, my church is sometimes referred to as "Monk's Castle" I loved it because it was situated way up on a hill in the middle of the forest preserves. It is the oldest catholic church in Northern Illinois and was built with the same bricks (rocks) used to build the water tower downtown. It turns out they are both considered haunted and are on the tour. That is SO COOL! I love things with history and meaning - that is why I chose these places.

Here is the link for the book they wrote about it:

https://www.prairieghosts.com/mary_book.html
    Menes

My grandparents are both buried at Resurrection and me and my cousins spent alot of the time looking around for signs of "her" while we were driving in the funeral procession . Probably not appropriate at the funeral, but we were still pretty young at that time.
    If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane..........

I have a caribbean soul I can barely control!

I have not seen any signs of Resurrection Mary during my travels on Archer, however I have seen herds of deer at Resurrection Cemetary.

Last edited by Stacym; 05-11-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345